Monday, May 11, 2009

Want some SUN? I'm talkin' WesternSUN, a Poem Dedication


Mbuyisa Maphalala's art piece, now showing in London...He's a friend of mine! Join my facebook for more info on Maphalala...

And New, Introducing to you all, my Poem, WesternSun. It's a new day and we are going to take SOLAR ENERGY back! You can't have solar energy projects today if you don't go back to the MINDS & SOLARHEADS!!! President Barack H. Obama, I'm hoping that you are paying attention to this particular group, for back in the day they made things happen in the field of Solar Energy (pre-Reagan Administration) and thanks to you, they will make it happen again! Here it goes!
WesternSun
by Princene Boyd
I’ve got to get me some WesternSun!
Ambience, shiny sun, fragrance, magnificent!

WesternSun, a place where I can come and
Roam around as the sun fills me up.
Motivating as swishing palm trees…
Stimulating, invigorating, cultivating, fascinating!

WesternSun,
I’ve got to get me some…
Some solar panels;
Big, long, short, wide, tiny particles…

Can you say, solarstar? photosynthesis panelstars?
Filled with our own celebrities….Brad Pitt!
Oh my, no, it’s Jan Smutney Jones! One of our WesternSun stars!

WesternSun, I’ve got to run and get me some…
Didn’t you hear? We just went global!
Yes, at WesternSun, we shall overcome!

Enterprises! WesternSun, I’ve got to get me some…

How is it that people can open up their shades or blinds?
And welcome in the fragments of sun with thoughtless minds?
What we do is set the path, or I should say, the solar path,
Of creating and supplying panels so that you, I and they
will create a ritual to put to use each day,

Natural green ways of placing the sun,
automatically into the space that they run.
The sun instantaneously beams,
Shining through as laser rays are seen…

Let the sun shine! Let the sun shine in,
the sun, shine in! Say it again!
WesternSun! Gotta go and get me some….

Once upon a time, we took over an office and a few states,
today we will canvass our neighborhoods,
then panel by panel by panel we’ll make.
For now it’s the universe thru solar energy we’ll take!

WesternSun, Come on! What’s our theme tonight?

I say, WesternSun, you say...(I’ve got to get me some!!!)

No comments: